You may be wondering how you will answer all of the questions that clients may have about this
program. Don’t worry, Smart Start Halton has many tools and resources to help you along.
Go to www.smartsaver.org to watch a 20 minute online workshop Learn more about data trends and the number of families accessing the CLB across Canada. Get Government brochures to hang in your office. Get information to share with clients about the CLB from participating financial institutions. Access multilingual resources to share with clients.
A few things to remember:
There may be a few reasons why families don’t access the CLB, for example:
– Lack of awareness of the program
– Intimidated by the multistep process
– Don’t have a SIN# or RESP
– Concern that RESP could affect social benefits – the CLB is an exempt asset and will not have any impact on social benefits that a family may be receiving.
With this in mind, it is important for you to offer as much support and direction as possible.
3 Important Ways To Support Families
1. Build awareness about the CLB program.
2. Make sharing CLB information part of your intake process with clients.
3. Encourage families to sign up online at: www.smartsaver.org/startmyresp
4. Spread the word!
If you have any questions please contact Leena Sharma Seth at the Halton Poverty Roundtable,
at (905) 635-3131 ext.303 or by email at email@example.com.